S5 Battery Monitoring System
The S5 Battery Monitoring System is BTECH’s premiere battery monitoring solution for data center UPS and large scale critical backup power systems.
BTECH’S FLAGSHIP PRODUCT IS DESIGNED FOR A WIDE VARIETY OF BATTERY MONITORING APPLICATIONS, THE S5 CAN COLLECT DATA FROM ANY BATTERY TYPE, INCLUDING CELLS WITH HIGH AMP HOUR RATINGS (4000+)
- Monitors battery parameters in real time
- Programmed cell impedance measurement up to 24/day
- Programmable test & out-of-limits alarms
- Battery discharge data logging
- Supports up to 8 strings per system
- Handles up to a total of 480 individual cells
- Individual string current monitoring for multi-string systems
- Complete electrical isolation from the battery string
THE CELLQ1 IS COMPETITIVELY PRICED FOR USE ON GENSETS, SPARE BATTERIES AND SMALL DC PLANTS IN ANY CONFIGURATION AND ARRANGEMENT.
THE CELLQ1 IS IDEALLY SUITED FOR APPLICATIONS THAT SUPPORT REMOTE TELECOMMUNICATIONS, UPS SYSTEMS, STATION BATTERY SYSTEMS AND SWITCHGEAR.
THE CELLQ2 IS MULTI-LOCATION BATTERY MONITORING SYSTEM DESIGNED FOR USE IN ENTERPRISE, GOVERNMENT AND INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS. THE CELLQ2 SYSTEM CAN MONITOR MULTIPLE UPS, GENSET OR SWITCHGEAR BATTERY SYSTEMS WITH A SINGLE CELLQ2 CONTROLLER.
BTECH’S BVM SOFTWARE SUITE PROVIDES MARKET-LEADING PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS, BATTERY DATA INTERPRETATION, REAL-TIME ACCESS, ALARM REPORTING AND CENTRALIZED MONITORING OF UP TO 1000 BTECH SYSTEMS.
- Simple and easy-to-use graphing functions
- On-demand and real-time interaction with BTECH hardware
- Captures, archives, reports, and graphically displays data by location, date, and unit (cell or jar) number
- Displays voltage and impedance measurements and trends
- Easy-to-use with context-sensitive help screens
- Displays total battery voltage, unit voltage, unit impedance, ambient and battery case temperatures
- Analyzes impedance data in either “average” or “initial” modes
- Displays “power-out” voltage decay data of battery, individual units, optional loaded battery current, and lists “power-out” events and duration
- Receives, displays, and resets alarms and alerts
DISCHARGE DATA RECORDER
THE CELLQ DISCHARGE DATA RECORDER (DDR) COLLECTS, REPORTS AND ARCHIVES BATTERY SYSTEM FLOAT AND DISCHARGE DATA.
The CellQ DDR will record and trend:
- System Float Voltage
- Ambient Temperature
- System Float Current
During Discharges, the system will record DC Amperage and Voltage Decay.
All of this data can be viewed in real-time using BTECH’s Battery Validation Monitor Software Suite.
BATTERY GROUND MONITOR (BGM-500)
THE BTECH GROUND FAULT MONITOR DETECTS DANGEROUS BATTERY TO GROUND FAULTS. WHETHER THE FAULT IS FROM A LEAKING BATTERY OR INADVERTENT BUS CONNECTION TO THE BATTERY RACK, THE BGM-500 DETECTS THE FAULT AND REPORTS AN ALARM.
Battery systems are not electrically connected to the cabinets or racks supporting them. The cabinets and rack are connected to Earth ground, if current is present on the ground cable then a ground fault exists. BTECH’s system utilizes a precise, specialized custom current transducer to detect current leakage. The ground wire runs through the Current Transducer (CT), which is connected to the BGM-500, and the system continuously measures current flowing to ground. If the BGM-500 detects current above a configurable threshold value, it indicates a ground fault alarm. Depending on the alarm behavior configuration, the alarm either latches until cleared manually or clears when alarm conditions are corrected and ground current returns below alarm threshold value. Ground fault alarms can be triggered by positive or negative current, so the CT direction doesn’t affect the functionality of the BGM-500.